Sunday, June 14, 2009

Celebrity Siting in Big D!

So my husband has this amazing talent for spotting celebrities. I guess I'm oblivious, because I have literally walked by Tom Brokaw and Kareem Abdul Jabbar and didn't even know it until he pointed it out to me. So last night we decided to go to the mall simply to get out of the disaster zone which is currently my home. So as we are walking and talking I can tell Roger is no longer listening to me and as I try to get his attention he says, "Do you know who that is?" And of course, I don't. And he's like, "Kristy, that's Tony Romo!". So I take a closer look, and sure enough it's our very own Dallas Cowboy Quarterback Tony. So we start following him like a bunch of stalkers, and the funny thing is that no one else spotted them or better yet no one cared to follow them around like a bunch of crazy stalkers but the Brooks'. So we follow him into Barney's and guess who's there. Oh yeah you guessed it . . . . Jessica Simpson! So we hid behind some racks for a few minutes and listened. Jessica told Tony that Barney's was having a lot of great sales and that he should look around. Notice that Olivia is already showing signs of her father's talent.


Then from deep down, I got the courage to ask for a picture. Tony said that he would let Jessica handle that.

I have to say that they were both very gracious. We started thinking about it afterwards and how much it really must suck to not even be able to go shopping without dweebs like us asking them for pictures. Anyway they were both very nice and even more attractive in person. My only regret was not handing them one of Juliana's cards with her website on them! Juliana was even wearing her Girl Power 2 Cure t-shirt! I should have ripped it off her and given her the t-shirt! Oh well, missed opportunity. Next time I will be ready.


So we continue on the mall, grab a snack in the food court. So we are ready to move on and Roger picks up Olivia when he realized that she is completely soaked! Not just the diaper. So I look in the diaper bag and you guessed it, there is NO spare clothes other than her t-shirt from swim lessons. So here is a picture of Olivia in the mall with no pants on. How trashy is that?! What was even funnier is that she totally got that she had no pants because when I would ask her, "where are your pants?" She would look down and then make this face . . . At least she still had her jellies on. She's starting a new fashion - going pantless!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I love Jessica and Tony. I bet they look so happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I wish I could have been there. What a great picture of you two. How exciting that must have been. Go Kristy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. very exciting & your so so lucky to have met them with pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cool! Still can't believe the Girl Power card did not come out ;) Just Kidding! Here in small town Angola we do not have many celebrity sitghtings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE Livi's pants problem...hilarious! So proud of you for asking Jess for a pic! Next time you'll be ready with a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool =) Is this at Northpark Mall?

    ReplyDelete