Shopping at Toysrus! And yes, my friends, my little girls are growing up! We go to a toy store with any toy you can dream of and my girls choose an umbrella and a purse! Whatever makes you happy!
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Today we made Cloud Dough! I would change the name to Beach Sand! So cool and all you need is flour and baby oil!
Sunday, July 15, 2012
So, this post all started with a discussion Roger and I had. There are several things that Olivia says "incorrectly" that I find completely adorable. And I must admit I don't correct her. Why? You might be asking. Because she is growing so fast and I want to enjoy these little things for as long as possible. I know she can't say aminals forever but I am going to enjoy it while I can. So here is a list of my favorite Olivia-isms along with a short video capturing just 3 of them:
- I made the mistake one time while joking around with her I said "Why I oughta!!!!" and she how now adopted the phrase "Why Why Oughta!!!!"
- Trash Cans are now Crash Cans
- Desserts are Zesserts
- Animals are Aminals
- Chihuahuas are Chicka-wow-was
- Instead of referring to your offspring as daughters, she calls them sweeties. As in she and Juliana are my sweeties and one day she will have sweeties of her own and her baby dolls are her sweeties
- Instead of referring to her toes as piggies she has a family. The big toe is the daddy toe, the second one is the mommy toe and the other three are the sweeties. You can't help but laugh when she stubs her toes and she screams "It's the MOMMY TOE!!!!!!" And I always say, "No NOT THE MOMMY TOE!!!!"
- Yestermorning. I think we should start using this expression more often. It means just what it says, yesterday in the morning.
- Instead of gravity she has gravily.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
So one of the prizes the girls wanted to include in the Sticker Program Prize jar was Camping! Well, allow me to introduce you to the Brooks. We DON'T CAMP! Unless it's in a cabin with a toilet and shower. It's not that we are fancy or don't like getting dirty. Not at all. I just don't like bugs or creatures or being hot. So our compromise - which the girls didn't mind at all - was "Indoor Camping". We set up a huge tent in the playroom and had a picnic lunch inside!
Thursday, July 12, 2012
This was a fun, easy and cheap experiment. I'm not sure what these are officially called, but they are tiny little balls that hydrate into these super fun jelly balls.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
I have been wanting to do this for months and it finally happened. It's one of those painting places where you go with nothing but your favorite drinks and snacks and they teach you how to paint something. And by teach, they tell you step by step how to do it. It was so much fun!!!!! My good friend Linda agreed to come with and we had a blast. Here we are during the first couple of steps. Yes we are painting pots.
This is Linda's
|Don't know why blogger is turning my pictures sideways but it sure is annoying!|
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
For the second installment of Super Summer Science we decided we would make slime! What you need for this experiment is:
- Elmer's Glue
- Food Coloring
Saturday, July 7, 2012
So most of you know that Juliana has had a Tobii with eye-gaze for about a year now. It is basically a computer that she can control with her eyes. This computer is literally her voice. It has changed our lives but unfortunately until recently it was only used at home and at school. The reason? It is a pretty heavy and VERY expensive device. We have table mounts which makes it easy to use at home at at school but not very easy when you go to Costco or out to dinner. So we finally were able to get a wheel chair mount - which means this device will now go with her wherever she goes. We were so excited because she loves to go shopping and out to eat but we always felt sad that she couldn't express herself adequately in those situations. So we had to try it out asap. We thought Ikea would be a good test since there is lots of shopping and a food court.
Friday, July 6, 2012
Museum time! We love going to the Museums of Science. We came this time to the Dallas museum since they had a special Magic School Bus exhibit and that is currently Olivia's favorite show.