Monday, April 18, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes . . . . .

Yes, my friends there are changes going on at the Brooks'.  What kind of changes you might ask?  Changes in our choices of music.  It might not seem like much, but let me tell you, it is.  Juliana was always so easy, because she is very particular about the music she likes.  So WHENEVER she is in the car it is either Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Imagination Movers or Choo Choo Soul.  Olivia on the other hand has given me a sort of freedom I never had with Juliana - she is a fan of today's hit music!  We jammed last summer to Taio Cruz and yes my friends she gets down with some Avril, Kesha, Katy Perry, Pink etc.  It all seemed so innocent.  I kept telling myself she just liked the beat and rhythm of these songs.  I did get a little concerned when she started singing the Avril Lavigne song "All my life I've been good, but now oooooh I'm thinking what the H#@*!" or when she sang Pink's song raise your glass and she honed into the part where she says, "My glass is empty - that S@&#$!"  I had no idea the girl had such good memorizing skills.  Pretty impressive I think.  But it wasn't until the new Rihanna song came out, you know what I'm talking about. . .  S&M, and Livi exclaims in the car, "Mommy - it's our favorite song!"  That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks, my daughter just declared that her and MY favorite song was a song about SEX!  How inappropriate is that?  I'm sure some of you are completely appalled by my lack of music judgement, but in my defense there is only so much Mickey Mouse one person can take.  So we've hit a fork in the road and I have chosen the road with less curse words or inappropriate topics.  We are now a TOTALLY 100% kid friendly music vehicle.  Our new friend is the Raffi Station on Pandora.  It ROCKS!!!!  And yes, I still get my fix of today's hit music when I am riding solo in my car.  Lesson learned.

But on a positive note, because of her awesome memorizing skills, our little Catholic has learned her prayers.  Here is a recent video of her saying the Our Father and the Hail Mary. 

And as a special treat, I've included another video of Olivia dancing to her newest favorite song "Minnie's Bowtique".  I'm really not sure where she comes up with these moves, but she's pretty amazing!

1 comment: