Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Saying Goodbye is so Hard to do

I guess all good things must come to an end.  We had the pleasure of having Roger's aunt and uncle from Germany (whom we affectionately call the Germans) stay with us from November and through Christmas.  I have to say I was a little bit nervous because they speak no English and I speak no German, and that can be really frustrating when my translator Roger isn't around.  But I have to say we got along great; using lots of charades, pantomime and google translate.  So for two months we went on several little adventures, we stayed up late each night just talking (me mostly listening), had the pleasure of Monika's amazing German cooking and just an overall awesome time. 

So here we are on their last day here.  I had to take a picture of Monika in the back seat because this is how we traveled.  Only if we were all riding I usually got stuck in the trunk but that's a different story.
 We stopped at In 'n Out for their last American supper.  It was awesome of course, then off to the airport.  My parents went too to see them off.
 Olivia's getting sad as she realizes that they are really leaving.

 Olivia standing under the giant wish bone.  I wonder what she is wishing for. . . .
 Monika and Olivia doing some kind of booty bump before she leaves
 Me and Monika - I'm gonna miss her!
 Me, Olivia and Alfons - I'm gonna miss him so much too!
 I think the this was all just a little too emotional so Juliana decided to "check out" and take a nap.
 You can imagine what Roger is wishing for here. . . .
 One last hug. . . .
 And one last hug for Juliana. . .
 This was a shot that Livi took.  I think she was getting sentimental and decided to take a picture of everyone before they left so she could remember them.
 And then it was time to say good bye to the El Paso crew as well.  All good things must come to an end:(


1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful they got to come.for a visit. I know they had a great time. I know they have some fun memories.

    ReplyDelete