Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Best Day EVER

December 1, 2012 will go down in my history book as an AMAZING day.  Why, you may ask?  Well, we had a jam packed day, with a little girl who is teething (6 year molars) and a million things could have gone wrong.  But nothing went wrong.  The day was, dare I say it, PERFECT.

So it started out with a 7 mile run.  Actually my least favorite part of the day, but definitely and accomplishment I was proud to cross off my list.

Next stop. . . Casa Mañana for a presentation of The Night Before Christmas.  It was pretty awesome! Juliana slept the through act but loved the second. And Liv was mesmerized the whole time.  I tried to take a picture of them once Juliana got into it, but she turned to look as soon as she saw the flash.


  This was Jingle the Elf.  This was Olivia's favorite Character!
 
 
Then after the show it was lunch at Chuy's.  Olivia had a hot mic today and had me laughing all day.  She had to go to the restroom after lunch for a "sit down" if you know what I mean.  So there we are, squeezed into a stall, when someone occupies the stall next to ours.  Yes, I have to go into the stall with her or she gets scared.  Also she likes to have really deep conversations in these stalls.  So said person next door apparently had a little gas.  So the first one got out and Liv started to quietly laugh.  As I'm pantomiming to her not to do that and that it's rude, the woman next door lets it rip and now I can't contain myself.  Both Olivia and I, squeezed into a tiny stall and only a few inches away from the guilty party, start laughing uncontrollably.  I couldn't even look at Olivia with out going into hysterics again. I know it was wrong, and that the poor lady was probably mortified, but I couldn't hold back.  I was so embarrassed. So we were forced to wait in the stall until she got out for fear of an awkward confrontation.
 
 
After that little "situation" we went for a walk for some fresh air. And what we got were smiles and giggles.
 
 She is looking so grown up!
 Ashley had joined for the show and lunch.  And after one last laugh with Juliana she headed home.

Liv hugging a tree. 
 
You would think the day would be over, but you would be wrong!  From here, we went to be in the Arlington Parade of Lights.  Juliana has had her AFO's made at Pediatric Orthotics and Prosthetics by Ms. Suzanne O'Connor for about 3 years now.  She has become a friend to us all and has been a big supporter at our Girl Power events. So we were more than excited when she asked us to join them on their float in the Arlington Parade of Lights.  We decided to go with a Mouse Ears theme.
 


 And just a little side note: It was 78 degrees yesterday.  We made them wear these cute snow flake sweaters, but they were sweating in them. 
 The float was for the Humane Society and it was a Wiener Dog inspired float call "Wiener Wonderland".  We got to meet several Wiener dogs.  This one was named Angel and she was Olivia's favorite.
 Juliana was not sure about them at first.
 Liv was in Love!
 This one was named Cherry, I believe.  She was the fluffiest.  And in this picture appears to have laser eyes.
 Juliana finally decided to give them a chance.  She loved them as well.
 This one was named Heidi.
 Juliana liked Heidi
 And here we are on the float.  It was just a perfect day.  And just another example of how grown up my girls are.  A couple of years ago, this would have been a total disaster for Juliana.  The sheer number of people would have been enough to overwhelm her.  Add to that the noise, lights and commotion.  She has never been one to throw a fit or yell or scream.  Her M.O. in any stressful or anxious situation has always been to shut down and go to sleep.  Not this time.  This time she was awake, and alert and waving with very little assistance from me!  She really enjoyed being there.  Liv of course had the pageant wave down and she also had a blast as expected.  Thank you Jesus for an awesome day I won't soon forget!
 And thank you to Suzanne and Sheree for sharing this amazing night with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment