Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Anniversary Date Part II

So after the amazing gift front the hub - we went to a really nice dinner at Villa Real.  We were treated to a delicious chocolate cake

 But then when we got home we had one more big surprise.  Olivia had left us a scavenger hunt.  As soon as we opened the front door, we found this first clue,
 Then this one
 Then. . . .
 And finally
 With this bag (she found and wrapped herself)
 And this note inside.
I almost started crying at her thoughtfulness.  No one told her to do this, it was completely from her heart.  She is one of the most emotionally mature little girls I know.  When she got up the next morning I gave her a big hug and kiss and said thank you so much for the scavenger hunt you left us. She was a little disappointed that she didn't get to stay up and watch us find it (but it was a school night).  So I asked her what made her think of doing that and would you believe she said, "I remembered a long time ago you told me that Daddy made a scavenger hunt when he asked you to marry him.  So I wanted to do the same thing."  The girl is amazing.  Thank you God for such a special little person.

No comments:

Post a Comment