Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Fun!

This weekend was awesome.  Not only did we have a blast with friends and family, but we also realized something.  I'm almost afraid to admit in writing for fear that it will all go away.  But I'm going to say it, things are really starting to get so much better!  In terms of Juliana and Rett Syndrome.  I had heard before that things usually do get better around the age of 5 or 6, and Juliana will be 5 in September, so I guess it's not that crazy.  I guess I just realized this weekend that we can finally do "normal" things.  I know it may not sound like a lot, to do "normal" things, but trust me - this is HUGE!  What do I mean by normal things?  Things like going swimming and staying outside for longer than 30 minutes (before Juliana would over heat and just not tolerate it well and we'd have to go running inside before a melt down.), we played a board game this weekend with some friends and she actually lasted through the entire game and finally we watched a movie, past eight o'clock and it WASN'T Mickey Mouse.  I know, pretty awesome.  So this weekend, in addition to being gratful for the independence of our great country, I am also extremely grateful for the independence that my daughter is gaining in being able to do all of the "normal" things we take for granted!

Here we are playing Pretty Pretty Princes with Olivia and our friend Zelma.  And yes, that is a tan that Juliana is sporting - due to the fact that she can be outside for longer periods of time and she loves to swim!
 Here is Zelma!
 Liv and Juliana
 And here she is going in for the big win!  All she was missing was the necklace!
 And here are the girls watching Tangled!  I LOVE seeing her "Just hanging with girls!"  It absolutely makes my heart melt to see her just being a 4 1/2 year old girl!
 Here we are with the gang at the Fourth of July Parade!  And yes, some things don't change - not yet at least.  Yes, that is Juliana sleeping through the entire parade - marching band and all.  Maybe next year. . . .

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Juju's tan is so nice. She looks so pretty and Livi too. Looks like they were having fun playing the games. Good pictures at the parade....

    ReplyDelete