Sunday, September 4, 2011

Juju's 5th Birthday!

It is so hard to believe, but my little girl is 5!  In some ways it feels like a few days ago I was pregnant with her and in other ways it feels like a lifetime ago.  She has grown and matured in so many ways, and we have learned so much.  Some things we've learned by trial and error, some things from our amazing doctors and therapist, but most of what we've learned in the past 5 years has been from my dear sweet daughter.  The most valuable, to name just a few have been in the way of patience, perseverance, love, faith, strength and a positive attitude.  She has proven to us that all things are possible (both in good ways and bad) and that you can get through just about anything with her amazing laugh.  I'm still not sure why God chose us to be the parents of this amazing girl, but I thank him everyday for the honor.  Happy Birthday my little Sweet Pea!  We love you so much and we are so very proud of you!

This was her first party that she had for her friends:






 This is Mrs. West's Cannon Ball - Pretty Impressive!


 Hello Daddy!!!!  I think she's thirsty!





 This was her favorite gift that day.  Thanks Jack & Patrick!
 Check out that fro!  This is what happens to her and her Auntie Laura's hair when wet.  I swear they could be twins!


This was her second birthday party this year for Mommy and Daddy's friends and all our family!
 The Aunties
 Baby E - We love him!

 Okay, so I must admit, these pictures are from the tail end of the party.  Apparently no one had enough sense to take out a camera.  There were many more people than we captured in the last half hour of the party but here's what we got:(

 Juliana and her favorite friend.  I know I've mentioned this before, but it is unbelievable how Auntie Laura and her just connect.  Although they don't see each other but a few times a year, the minute they are together it's like they were never apart.  She laughs the loudest and hardest when she is with Auntie Laura.  I really think they are twins - they both have afro's when their hair is wet, they generally look alike in the face, they both love pizza, they both love Mickey Mouse, the list could go on and on.
 Here she is opening her new Twinkle Toes from her shoe fairy (aka Omi)  She always gets the best shoes!


Happy Birthday to my big girl.  Many many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Super fun pictures. I can't believe she is 5 already. Juliana has such an amazing spirit.

    ReplyDelete