Thursday, September 15, 2011

Juliana the Rebel - isn't it ironic. . . . . .

So, it's official.  Today, Thursday, September 15, 2011 is the first day in her entire life that Juliana got in trouble at school.  And I have to say, I couldn't be happier!  Why?  You may be asking.  Well let me explain.  Juliana's teachers are very good at writing me daily notes in her notebook.  Usually they tell what they did that day or what she did well so that I can talk about it with Juliana each night.  But today. . . .  today, the note read and I quote, "Juliana was very stubborn today.  She refused to make ANY choices."  Can you guess why I'm happy?  Well let me tell you, I'm happy that for once SHE chose to not do anything.  Not because she fell asleep or because she had a seizure or because she was anxious.  She didn't make any choices simply because she chose not to.  She was a typical 5 year old today and CHOSE to disobey.  And I know some people may be thinking that I am encouraging her to be bratty, but I'm not.  In fact, her and I had a serious conversation about what she had done.  I didn't praise her for it, but I did secretly celebrate inside.  And in addition to all of that, what absolutely gave me chills is that when we were having our serious discussion about school she continued to nod at me when I asked, "Do you understand me?"  And then I told her that she was going to have to apologize to her teachers tomorrow.  I told her "Let's go to your computer and let me show you how you are going to say you are sorry for wasting the day."  So I show her (Turn the page, I'm sorry for my PODD buddies), I ask her if she understands and she nods YES!  And then, wait for it. . . . ..   I asked her to show me and she said "I'm sorry" with her computer!!!!!  I love it!  And the last and final reason that I am so excited about her misbehavior today. . . .  . . .. I am soooooooo happy that her teachers know her well enough to know what she is capable of and know that this is unacceptable.  Thank you for pushing her everyday to be her best and never giving up on her. 

2 comments:

  1. Juliana way to go. I am so proud of you. I know you work so hard at school. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! How awesome! Juliana is sooooo lucky to have such caring wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete