Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011!!!!

I have to say, this was the most fun we've had on New Year's Eve post babies.  It's not to say that we haven't had fun as parents of small children on New Year's Eve.  We usually stay up with some friends to ring in the new year, but this year topped all the rest.  So, as you know, it's pretty hard to find a sitter on New Year's Eve. So since we couldn't go out to the club, we brought the club to the house!  We invited all of our dearest friends and played Just Dance on the Wii!  It was so much fun!!!! 

We drew names to make three teams of 4 and then played tournament style for the top prize of BEST DANCE TEAM!!!!!!!!  Here is the 2nd round.  (I guess the first round I was too excited remember to take pictures.

Linda vs. Joe
 They've got some moves!
 Gale vs. Roger - Doin' the robot!

 You must know that Gale was sooooooo nervous when the game started.  She tried every way of getting out of her turn.  And look at that Robot go!!!!
 Finishing strong!
Amy vs. Efrain.  Don't let the fact that Efrain could be Amy's father fool you.  We've known Efrain for at least 7 years and we have never seen the man move like this!  He taught Amy a few moves in the routine!
Luis vs. Linda
 Chuy vs. Roger - I'm not sure who they are "ropin"
 Me vs. Efrain.  I was a little intimidated after seeing his moves, but I think I held my own.

 Penelope vs. Lindsay.  I tried to tell her that the tv could not register points for the attitude on her face.  I guess she was giving it her all!

 Chuy vs. Linda

 So in the end, the winning team was. . . . . drum roll please. . . . . . . . . MY TEAM!!!!!! consisting of me, Chuy, Luis & Penelope!  Although the MVP of the night was Efrain.  Funny story, when his name was drawn, the rest of his team sighed as if he would be the dead weight they would have to carry.  Little did they know he would end up being their secret weapon and overall winner of the night!!!!!!!!!!!

Then it was the couples round:

Joe & Gale

 Penelope & Luis

 Chuy & Lindsay
 Linda & Efrain

 And of course, us!

 This guy was amazing.  I'm pretty sure he was part of the SOUL TRAIN!!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping that the amount of laughter and fun we had that night will be in indication of the amount of laughing and fun we will have for 2011!  Let's make it a great year!!!!!  Love you guys!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. BEST NIGHT EVER!!! Love y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really fun night. I think I am going to sign up for some dance lessons. I agree the laughter and fun that night I hope it carries over all year for 2011. Looking forward to next year!!!! LOVE all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete